Nonprofit Capacity Building
BNC's capacity building work strengthens the core operations of its grantee organizations, and provides training and consulting assistance for a broader set of local community development nonprofits.
Members of the Maryland Housing Counselors
Network prepare for a training course.
BNC's most recent capacity building activities include:
- Awarding grants to individual organizations for consulting assistance.
- Sponsoring staff and board members from 20 organizations to attend a training by grassroots fundraising expert Kim Klein.
- Making a grant to the University of Maryland School of Social Work Community Outreach Service, to support Neighborhood Fellows working with 10 community development nonprofit.
- Awarding small grants to several organizations that attended the fundraising training, to implement new strategies to increase individual donations.
- Sponsoring 12 community development nonprofit staff to attend a NeighborWorks Training Institute in Washington, D.C.